Saturday, April 16, 2011

Welcome to the breadbox

What is the breadbox? To tell you the truth, I don't know for sure. The voice from the breadbox started in Junior High School as a poetry project and has just stuck with me through the years. I guess you can consider the breadbox to be a metaphor for life. We all live within a breadbox, what we choose to put inside it is up to us. Sometimes we hide treasures inside, sometimes we use it for the obvious. Sometimes we forget a heal of a loaf of whole grain in the back until it turns green and smelly.

Rarely do we actually hear the voice from the breadbox or pay attention to it when we do hear it.Does the voice from the breadbox deserve to be listened to? Not necessarily, but I really believe that sometime, if we listen closely we might find that we don't really know what we think we know.

What follows here will simply be the voice from my breadbox. Most of it won't be worth listening too but I hope to find at least a nugget of something worthwhile in the flotsam of my ramblings.

And I have to admit, sometimes rambling away can be entertaining even if it doesn't always make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment