Friday, June 10, 2011

Outrunning Invisibility


I’ve started running again. It seems I do that when things start getting chaotic in my life. I’ve found that when I run I don’t need to worry about being invisible. I can’t see you looking through me when my eyes are focused on the road ahead. I can’t hear you laughing at me with the wind in my ears. I can feel the blood flowing through my body, telling me I’m alive in spite of what you may think. I can feel the ground beneath my feet and the wind in my hair and that tells me I am really here. When I run it doesn’t matter to me that you would rather have the shinny toy that is tarnished and rusted inside.  When I run, the memory of your betrayal fades with every mile I leave behind.

When I run, stay out of my way because you are the invisible one and I am the one laughing. When I run I am alive, shinny and bright inside and out. When I run my world is my own and you have no place in it. When I run I leave you far behind.

When I run I can see the future bright and beautiful laid out before me and I feel strong enough to keep running until I reach that bright and beautiful land. When I run you don’t matter at all.

When I run the only thing that matters is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment